Ethan Wood is a witty, wickedly smart 15 year-old boy who enjoys acting, singing, dancing and making people smile. He is known for his curly hair, long eyelashes, intelligence and sense of humor. Ethan is excited about opportunities in TV, Film, Print, Voice Overs, Modeling, and anything else that may come his way. Ethan was cast as Gavroche in a local production of Les Miserables, earning high praise from director Mark Swezey (Kansas Thespian Hall of Fame) for Ethan's singing and acting talent, ability to read music, maturity, accent, and quick memorization skills. He has also appeared in commercials, film, and television. In addition, Ethan has experience in a professional recording studio, loves science, robotics and sports, and is an honors student at The Barstow School.
Film, TV & Web - Actor
1) Payless ShoeSource - #OwnYourStyle campaign
2) Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Hero Squad - Student Series
3) Capitol Federal - TV commercial
4) Not My Father’s Child - role of "Young Nate" in upcoming documentary
5) That’s Really Not Ok – Anti-Bullying Video
6) Why White Men Can’t Dance - upcoming film
7) Mason & Jay Save the World (Mason) - Award-winning short film
8) Hallmark - Christmas commercial
Recording Studio - Voice Talent
1) "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" - Boy Soprano - Cabaret - Recorded song in studio for Theatre in the Park's run of "Cabaret"
2) "That's Really Not Ok" - Anti-Bullying recorded song
Theater - Live Performances
1) Les Miserables - Gavroche - Four solos - "Look Down/The Beggars," "Stars," "Little People," and "The Second Attack" (including dramatic death scene) + "One Day More" and "Finale" in SMS's production under the direction of Kansas Thespian Hall of Fame Director Mark Swezey. Used British accent for role.
2) The Jungle Book - Mowgli - Lead role in The Barstow School production of The Jungle Book. Songs included "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wanna Be Like You." Role included both choreographed and freestyle dancing (Moonwalk, "The Carlton") 3) A Year with Frog & Toad - Toad - Lead role in The Barstow School production. Songs with solos included "Cookies," "He'll Never Know," "Down the Hill," and "Merry Almost Christmas."
4) Beauty & the Beast - Chip - Key role in SMS's production of Beauty & the Beast. Included solos in "Human Again" and "Be Our Guest."
5) James & the Giant Peach - Earthworm - Key role in The Barstow School production. Included solo "Plump and Juicy" and excellent comedic timing.
1) Sports: Baseball (3 years), Tennis (2 years), Soccer, Basketball, Golf, Bicycling, Swimming
2) Dialects: British, Australian
3) Languages Spoken: (non-fluent, but has taken 4+ years of Chinese)
4) Dance: Pop, Freestyle, Swing, Theatrical Choreography.
5) Music: Piano (7 years), Guitar (2 years), Vocal / Singing, Violin, Recorder, Reads Music
6) Other: Solves a Rubik's Cube, Loves robotics, computer programming, TinkerCAD and all-things science, Passion for music of all types, Mastered many video games, Loves riding bikes and swimming, Great sense of humor and a contagious laugh, Very intelligent
1) Mature, professional attitude - wise beyond his years
2) Straight-A student at The Barstow School
3) Strong memorization skills, ability to take direction and learn it quickly
4) Kind, enthusiastic and funny! Excellent comedic timing.